June 6, 2012

Gelato Tutorial ....



I get asked all the time ... what can you do with Gelatos ? Hmmm thats an easy one ...

Gelatos are activated with water and can also be rubbed on paper . Since we are doing the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog hop all week I thought that it would be great to do MINI -Tutorials all week long . Maybe you will want to play along with me experimenting !


This is not for those faint at heart and scared to dirty things up .."I am kidding this stuff comes off with out difficulty "



Lets start with the Back-Ground that I did yesterday . Letterpress is popular and I really do not want to buy ANOTHER machine . So I took the new Embossibilities folders from Spellbinders and because the patterns are so bold we can create a letterpress with them ...



Spritz your folder with water ... you are not bathing the folder just getting it wet so the Gelatos will move across the folder .











(Don't worry the Gelato will come off the folder with a nail brush and some soap and water )

Take two fabulous colors and mix and smear them all over the solid part of the folder . If the Gelato leaves little chips everywhere you need more water .









Run the paper and the folder through your embossing machine . I prefer to use water color paper (Canson is the brand ) . If you have not run watercolor paper through with an embossing folder (stop try it right now) WOW it looks so nice think of all the possibilities .







Use your fingers and rub and buff in a circular motion to blend the colors you could add a little more Gelato at any time , I added their beautiful pale yellow . If you want to add some deeper color around the edges and distress it a bit use a deeper color and spread it with a paint brush .







Hopefully I will see you all back here tomorrow ... I have another fun background idea . Do not forget to leave your comments ... there are prizes just for showing us some LOVE .

Have a wonderful creative day ...

21 comments:

  1. this is a technique I've never used before. Will have to give it a try. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihas no idea you could do this with gelatos, I am so trying this today! Thanks for sharing, I will be back tomorrow to see what else you have come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use of the gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat way to use Gelatos. I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, never tried Gelatos. Don't really know what they are. Time to Google!

    The Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial..looks like I might have to find some Gelatos :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this technique - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tutorial! Woohoo! You go girl. The colors are beautiful and it makes such a great background. Thanks for the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun tutorial even with the messy fingers part :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tutorial. I really like how this turned out. I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't even heard about Gelatos until now. I'll have to look for them at my favorite paper store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the tutorial. I love the gelatos but still trying to figure out how to use them effectively.

    Kaneka

    ReplyDelete
  13. aren't the gelatos fun? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your Bright creation!! THANKS for sharing and for the chances to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't like getting my fingers dirty! haha Now that I have geletos, I can play along :)baby wipes here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like getting messy! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Live this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gelatos, something else for me to buy. this looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to try this background. I love gelatos & I love embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete